Going through my 2 year daughter's story books and explaining her the Moral behind them which end in a proverb more often than not makes me write on something that bit me and made me realise the true and harsh hidden truth behind them!!
1. Tit for Tat....Bosses know it the best!!
2. Honesty is the Best Policy... Clients teach it the Best!!
3. A stitch in Time saves Nine....Ask the Mumbaikars catching those prime time Locals!!
4. Rome was not built in a Day....MUMBAI TULA BMCwar BHAROSA NAHI KA!!
5. Barking Dogs seldom Bite....oops, where is the Delhi CM nowadays!!
6.United we stand, divided we fall...Anil Ambani knows this better than the rest!!!
7. Might is Right....That is Indian Politicians/ Neta's Motto...All hail Babugiri!!
8. Every rose has a Thorn...is the silent whisper amongst the Congress party people....coz Pappu can't dance Saala!!!
9. Who will Bell the Cat...reminds me of hush hush conversation with my mom about my Dad!!!
10. Where there is a will, there is a way.....well the Meaning of WILL has altered a lot....get the lawyers!!!
11. Failure is the stepping stone to success....was never true...advised...supported....and in fact always came with a stick!!!
12. Opportunity seldom knocks twice...Ahh those Appraisals!!!
13. Great Minds thinI k alike...so true for my wife and her mother (great is silent here)!!!!!
14. Pen is mightier than Sword....Depends on whether I am or I am being written a cheque upon!!!
15. Old is Gold....Uff...Mothers and their wrinkles say it all!!!
16. To each his own....is the harsh fact of Life!!!!
Just a small anecdote on these childhood proverbs and their interpretation in today's world....