Aaryans Recipe - Bajra Pizza
(Indian version of the pizza)
Replacement of Maida with Bajra flour in Bajra Pizza makes it low in calories and thus healthy. Good alternative for pizza lovers!!
For Pizza Base
2 cups Bajra (Black Millet) flour
2 cups wheat (Gehun) flour
pinch of Salt
For Pizza Sauce (preferably homemade)
2 tbsp finely chopped coloured Capsicum
2 tbsp finely chopped Tomatoes
2 tbsp boiled Corn
2 tbsp grated processed Cheese (optional)
(If you like, you can add vegetables like Zucchini, Mushroom, Broccoli to give international flavour to Indian twist)
For the base
1. Knead soft dough with the Bajra and Wheat flour adding the salt.
2. Roll out into 2 thick chapattis and semi roast them. Keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Place the semi cooked Bajra chapatti in a greased baking dish.
2. Spread pizza sauce over it.
3. Garnish with raw vegetables like coloured Capsicum, Corn, Olives and Tomato.
4. Spread the cheese.
5. Bake the pizza in a moderately hot oven for 15 minutes or cook on pan covered with lid for 10 minutes.
6. Serve hot
(Toral Shah is a Consulting Dietician)